Sunday, January 9, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

My fabulous cousin over at Southern Comfort has awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award. She has tons of creative ideas, so I hope you take the time to check her blog out sometime. On top of that, she's an amazing friend and cousin... so thanks, Elizabeth!




In order to receive the award, I have to fill you guys in on seven things about me, which you probably don't already know. So, here goes:


1. This one is a no brainer... I adore my family, and by family, I not only include those immediately related to me, but those friends (and fuzzies) who might as well be family. I firmly believe that I have the best husband in the world and a dog who would do anything in her power to show me her love (including licking my feet when I get out of the shower).


2. I love sweaters and jeans. Winter is a long season here in the High Country, so it's a great time to break out my sweater collection. Cable knit ones are probably my favorite, but I also love cowl neck sweaters and turtle neck ones. Sweaters are great, because the go so well with anything... especially jeans. If I could live in jeans, I would. I'm so glad I teach at a school where we're still allowed to wear jeans on "casual Fridays". On snow days, if I'm not still in my pajamas, I'll be in my jeans and a sweater or sweatshirt.


3. I truly enjoy cooking with my husband... and I know how crazy that might sound to some of you! We make a great team in the kitchen and often find it a relaxing way to spend thirty minutes or so at the end of a long day at work. We love to get creative with the ingredients we use in dishes and generally use a recipe as a guideline, not something set in stone (unless it's one of those family comfort foods, in which case no variations are wanted or needed!).


4. I hate handwashing dishes. I grew up in a house with no dishwasher, other than our two hands, so I've had my fill of doing dishes by hand. I'm incredibly blessed to have a husband who agreed at the start of our marriage that he'd do the dishes if I folded the clothes. I think that's a pretty fair trade!


5. One of my "secret" indulgences is curling up under the covers with a cup of hot tea and a new cookbook. I recently revisited one of my old cookbooks and have decided to go into the daring territory of making my own yogurt (apparently you can do this in the CrockPot... who knew?!). I'll let you know how it turns out.


6. I love James Bond movies. We're working toward eventually owning all of them; currently, we have 21 of the 22. They're great for Friday night date nights with homemade pizza and a good glass of wine. We have visions of doing a true marathon at some point, starting with the originals and working our way through the various Bond actors, but it's gonna take a good bit of planning to get that marathon off the ground.


7. I love to paint with watercolors and mixed media, but am still working on finding the space to do that here in our home. We dream of one day finishing out the basement to have a craft room... until then, my paintings are mostly small ones that can be done in a few hours here at the kitchen table.


I'd like to pass the award along to the following bloggers, many of whom I've only recently discovered:

Confessions of a Plate Addict

Modish (especially the guest blogs from Petals and Pedals)

Pretty Handy Girl

Thanks for Today

Simply Step Back

Milk Without Money

The Frugal Find

You Can Thank My Mother

Someday Crafts

Black Copper DIY

Cup and Table

Pure Green

Thanks for the award, Elizabeth! :) I hope you all have a fabulous day, and I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment