Here's the breakdown for this week. I'll be back later this week with our March menu plan.
- Cooked all meals at home. This included crock pot lasagna soup, Asian chicken (yes, this has been a new favorite), steamed lemon pepper tilapia with roasted veggies, lentil and sweet potato stew (see comments for adaptations), breakfast egg casserole, and banana chocolate chip muffins. The in-laws did treat us to pizza out one night, and lunch one day.
- Gleaned three bunches of bananas, strawberries, two cartons of mushrooms, a bag of oranges, three loaves of bread, six small cartons of yogurt, half gallon of milk, and a pint of whipping cream.
- Enjoyed a shared meal with Mom.
- Continued with our regular composting and recycling.
- Washed all laundry in cold water except towels, sheets, and diapers. Line dried everything except sheets and towels.
- We did go by the grocery store for a deal on diapers and I got 4 packs for $20. This will last us several months since we only use disposables for night time.
- Carpooled to work three days, saving on gas
- My inlaws graciously brought some things from Costco, including blueberries, frozen broccoli, cheese, and rice.
- Ordered a bulk order of black beans, steel cut oats, and grits.
- Enjoyed seeing my chives and garlic coming up in the garden (though this is unseasonably early) Plan to use them in meals this coming week.
- Benny and I decided on direct deposit amounts to contribute to his retirement, the boys' 529 accounts, and our savings. He is going tomorrow to set these up.
- Weeded out some clothing and toys to send to Goodwill.
- Called the library to renew books, rather than stopping by.
- Planned a double date with friends. Mom will keep little man, saving us on babysitting. We will go to the restaurant early to miss crowds and will use a coupon we have. Will get water to drink to save money. Will enjoy dessert and a movie at home.
- Tried making homemade Hershey's syrup, and it worked! We now have two bottles of it in the fridge for use in coffee drinks, desserts, etc.
- Worked out with You Tube videos at home
- Had to laugh a little when little man reminded me to turn out a light when I left a room. Glad he's already getting it!
- Enjoyed reading books at home to the boys and watching baby boy pull up on everything in sight!
What did you do to live and save green this past week? I'd love to hear from you!