Friday, February 19, 2010

A few evening thoughts

So, a few things I wanted to share with my wonderful readers (who may amount to only three, but hey...).

First, for meals today, I made some great oatmeal this morning before heading off to school (yay, the sun finally came out!). I used quick cooking oats, not instant stuff, and followed the cooking directions, but added raisins and about a cup of frozen blackberries from this past summer's harvest. Toward the end of the cooking time, I added a splash of half and half and some cinnamon... end result, totally yum! For dinner, we made a fantastic pizza with some italian sausage, frozen green pepper from an earlier meal, and onion. We topped it with whatever shredded cheese we had in the fridge, and came up with a fantastic meal that will feed us for a few more days.

So, on to the real goods...

Some of you have been asking about making your own rain barrels. I found this post at my new favorite blog, Young House Love. This post of theirs has complete step by step instructions with great pics, so hopefully it will help answer all of your questions. And, maybe, you can find a make your own workshop like they did and do it on the cheap (theirs was $40, I think.)

Lastly, it's super double coupon week at HT. That means that coupons up to $1.98 will be doubled, offering you amazing savings. So, we'll go tomorrow, probably (after Saturday school), and stock up a bit. (They'll also take online printables, so scour those coupon forums and print some up. I found some Seventh Generation coupons on their webpage, so I'll get that TP and some baby stuff for a shower next weekend.)

Sharin' the green love and savings!

No comments:

Post a Comment